Distell partners Stock Spirits to enhance spirit range in the UK
Distell, the international wine, spirit and cider producer, has announced a new distribution partnership in the UK with Stock Spirits, a leading owner and producer of premium branded spirits and liqueurs that are principally sold in Central and Eastern Europe, which will take effect from 1 June 2017. The UK remains an exciting market in the spirits category and both Distell and Stock intend to leverage the opportunity through Stock’s diverse portfolio.
The partnership in the UK will continue to cement the relationship between the two companies, as Distell already has successful arrangements with Stock Spirits in two other important European markets, namely Slovakia and Italy. It will result in a number of new brand arrivals to the Distell UK portfolio, including: Amundsen Expedition Vodka, Żołądkowa de Luxe crystal clear vodka, Żołądkowa Gorzka, Lubelska, Stock XO brandy and Limoncè – which is Italy’s number one Limoncello.
Commenting on the new partnership, Fraser Thornton, Managing Director at Distell Europe said: “The extension of our partnership with Stock to include UK distribution demonstrates their confidence in us as a business and our ability to support their brands and deliver growth in the future. Stock has an impressive range of brands which provides a strong complementary fit with our own portfolio. This allows us to widen our reach across categories and improves our ability to service the needs of the UK trade.”
Michael Kennedy, Managing Director of Stock Spirits International and Italy, added: “With our range of award winning vodkas produced in Poland and Italian heritage brands, the UK is an important market for Stock Spirits and we are delighted to be partnering with Distell to help take our presence to the next level. Distell has shown a huge amount of ambition in the UK and we are confident this will be a beneficial partnership for both parties.”
Over the past 12 months Distell has demonstrated its commitment to the UK market through continued investment and expansion of its commercial team.
Nicki Sturzaker / Sarah Manning
07591 150950 / 07557 916233
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
- Distell is Africa’s leading producer of wines, spirits, ciders and ready-to-drinks (RTDs) with a portfolio of close on 100 brands across an extensive portfolio, including Nederburg, Bunnahabhain, Savanna Cider and Amarula Cream Liqueur.
- It is the world's second largest producer of ciders.
- Distell is a Scotch whisky producer and brand owner with three single malt whisky distilleries and a strong portfolio of Scotch whisky brands.
- The three distilleries include: Deanston in Doune, Perthshire; Bunnahabhain on the Isle of Islay and Tobermory on the Isle of Mull.
- With a global network of offices and distribution partners, the company employs around 5,000 people worldwide and has an annual turnover of £1 billion.
- Its South African whiskies, Three Ships and Bain's Cape Mountain Whisky, have also earned international acclaim.
For more visit: www.distell.co.za